10 Tips To Help You Save On Your Kitchen Remodel
- Where To Purchase – Purchasing your cabinets and appliances online can save you thousands! Do your research about each company before you purchase.
- Kitchen Cabinets – Purchasing ready to assemble cabinets over Pre-Assembled can be a huge money saver!
- Doing Some Of The Work Yourself – There are plenty of tutorials online for things you are able to do yourself:
- Assembling your cabinets
- Painting walls
- Installing your backsplash
- Installing/resurfacing your new floors
Check the tutorials before you decide if you are comfortable with that task. You can save thousands of dollars by completing projects yourself instead of hiring outside contractors to do it for you.
- Don’t Move Your Appliances – Unless absolutely necessary, do not move your appliances. Plumbing and electrical relocation costs can become very expensive.
- Paint Your Appliances – If your appliances are in great working condition but could use a facelift, consider trying appliance paint before purchasing brand new appliances. It’s easy to remove the door to your appliance, bring it outside or to the garage for a quick spray and then re-attach it after it dries. You’d be surprised what a drastic change it can make in your kitchen! There is even a stainless steel appliance spray!
- Sales! Sales! Sales! – Look for sales on everything! Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales are always huge for kitchen cabinets and appliances!
- Look for Free or Discounted Services and Products – A lot of online cabinet retailers will offer free professional kitchen design services. You can also check websites like Craigslist for free or discounted appliances, lighting, or flooring.
- Countertops – There are a lot of options for countertops. Do your research before you make up your mind. Stone, wood, concrete, and laminate countertops are great choices!
- Floors – Resurface your floors instead of replacing them.
- Don’t be Afraid to Ask for Help! – Whether you’re asking friends or relatives for help with work or simply posting questions on online forums – don’t be afraid to ask for help, it will save you a lot of money!