They say the way to the heart is through the stomach, and we tend to agree! Preparing a homemade meal with love in your very own kitchen truly shows that you care. This sentiment holds true every day of the year, but especially on Valentine’s Day. And while the kitchen is the heart of the home, who wants to spend hours cooking a fancy holiday dinner on February 14th when they could be spending quality time together?
This year, ditch the labor-intensive gourmet meal and dip into fondue! These Cupid-approved fondue ideas are easy to DIY, with simple ingredients like savory cheeses, sweet chocolate, and spirits from your bar cabinet. All are sure to melt hearts this Valentine’s Day!
Before you raid your bar cabinet, refrigerator and kitchen pantry cabinet for ingredients, you’ll need a few supplies first. Namely, fondue pots or mini slow cookers, and long fondue forks. Then, set up a fondue station on your kitchen island and enjoy!
Savory Fondue Ideas
- Classic Swiss Fondue
- Fontina, Swiss and Pancetta Fondue
- Sharp Cheddar Fondue
- Beer-Cheese Fondue
- Gruyère Fondue
- Brie Fondue with Fresh Thyme and Chardonnay
- Garlicky Mozzarella Fondue
- Grilled Meats (Chicken, Steak, Shrimp)
- Cured Meats (Salami, Pepperoni, Smoked Sausage)
- Mini Meatballs
- Roasted Veggies (Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Asparagus, Zucchini, Brussels Sprouts, Baby or Fingerling Potatoes)
- Raw Veggies (Carrots, Celery, Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Avocado Slices)
- Olives and mini Gherkin Pickles
- Cubes of Crusty Italian Bread or French Baguette
Sweet Fondue Ideas
- White Chocolate Fondue
- Milk Chocolate Fondue
- Dark Chocolate Fondue
- Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue
- Butterscotch Fondue
- Salted Caramel Fondue
- Pound Cake or Angel Food Cake
- Brownie Bites
- Graham Crackers
- Fresh Fruit (Strawberries, Grapes, Sliced Bananas, Apples, Kiwi)
- Dried Fruit (Figs, Apricots)
- Soft Pretzels
Are you feeling inspired (and hungry)? It’s easy to fall in love with these rich and creamy fondue ideas. After all, fondue is made for sharing with the people you love the most. Whether you’re planning a romantic dinner for two or a kid-friendly family celebration, gather around the kitchen island for a fondue party in the heart of the home and have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
At The RTA Store, we help make your dream home a reality with RTA (ready to assemble) and pre-assembled cabinets and accessories. Whether it’s your kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, home office, home bar, or TV room, we offer the same (if not better) quality you would find at any retail store, but for a fraction of the price. Stop by our website or give us a call, and let us make your dreams come true with the help of our free room design service.