The kitchen is one of the most popular living areas in your home, and the cabinets are the main attraction. Follow these simple steps to let your kitchen cabinets shine!
Knowing which products work or don’t work for your finish is important to keep your cabinets in top shape. Deep clean at least once a year, and touch up regularly as needed.
Cleaning Plastic Laminate:
• Using a strong alkaline or heavy-duty cleaner, spray and allow cleaner to sit for five minutes before wiping away residue with a damp cloth.
• Wipe dry with a microfiber cloth to remove any remaining traces of dirt.
Cleaning Wooden Cabinets:
• Wooden cabinets require a gentler approach. First, using a mild oil soap solution, concentrate on and around all the handles to get off stubborn grease and grime.
• Next, wipe the entire inside and outside of the cabinet with the soap solution, then immediately buff dry with a microfiber cloth.
• Wipe with the grain or pattern of the cabinet in order to prevent scratches.
• Avoid using polish if possible, in order to maintain the cabinet’s natural sheen.
• If your cabinets appear dull from wear or age, spray furniture polish very lightly once a year to fill in pores.
Keep a spray bottle of gentle all-purpose cleaner handy for everyday washing. Spot clean after heavy kitchen use, and use a toothbrush to clean out crevices as you go.
DIY Cleaning Solutions
• Make a paste with baking soda and water to tackle stains on painted cabinets. Rub the paste on the stain; let it sit, then simply wipe away.
• Create a mild cleaning solution using 1 cup of laundry detergent or grease cutting dish soap for every 2 cups of warm water. Apply to your cabinets with a soft sponge or clean cloth, and then rinse with warm water.
• Do little finger prints make the outside of your cabinets sticky? Simply mix white vinegar and water in a spray bottle, allow it to sit on the surface, then wipe it clean away.
• Mix 1 part vegetable oil to 2 parts baking soda and apply by hand or with a cloth to cabinet handles to enjoy a new shine without the use of heavy, abrasive chemicals.
Remember to test a small amount of any product in an inconspicuous spot on your cabinets, in order to ensure a proper reaction before applying the full amount needed.
After a deep clean, are your Cabinets still not gleaming the way they used to? Are you ready for a whole new kitchen makeover? TheRTAStore has plenty of beautiful and affordable options to choose from!
At TheRTAStore we help make your dream kitchen a reality with RTA (Ready To Assemble) cabinets, Pre-Assembled cabinets, and accessories with the same (if not better) quality you would find at any retail store but for a fraction of the price. Stop by our website or give us a call and let one of our friendly kitchen designers help make your kitchen dreams come true!